Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Christmas Story By Jedd

Santa's Helper
Mum was busy cleaning the house and told me to write a Christmas story. So here's my story on how I went to visit Santa Claus to help him:

One December holiday, after walking back from the park, I decided to open the mailbox. I discovered that there was a letter for me. Immediately, I tore open the envelope, eager to read the letter. I could not believe my eyes! It was a letter from Santa! Santa wanted me to work for him and he would send reindeer to fetch me on Christmas Eve, which was that day!

That night, I waited eagerly for the reindeer to come. Suddenly, I heard a low whistle. I rushed out of the house to see who whistled. I thought it was something scary. But when I opened the door, I saw Rudolph and the other reindeer with the sleigh outside! Rudolph told me to hop onto the sleigh. Like magic, the sleigh rose slowly up to the skies, then off to the North.

Soon, I felt cold air rushing past me. I peered down and whooped when I saw that we were flying over an iceberg! Suddenly, the sleigh descended and landed with a loud thud. I got off the sleigh and noticed that I was next to a huge factory. The factory doors flung opened and Frosty the Snowman wobbled out! He gave me a hug and I almost froze! Next, he showed me inside the factory, which was Santa Claus’ workshop. Instead of seeing elves making and wrapping presents, machines were making and wrapping presents. Frosty told me that Santa had modernised his factory last year.

Suddenly, a voice boomed out through the factory, “Ho! Ho!” I turned to see Santa Claus at the control room at the top of the factory. He was much bigger than I thought. His blue eyes twinkled at me. He then came down the flight of stairs and explained to me my job. The machines were not working well and kept making the wrong toys. My job was to fix them as I was very good at getting machines to work. Immediately after he had spoken, he handed me a case of tools for my work. I then began fixing the machines.

Soon, everything was fixed.Santa was impressed by how fast I finished my job. As a reward, he gave me a present with green wrapping all over it. He told me not to open it till I got home.
He then told me that while he was modernising the factory, he made a Santa plane. That would replace his sleigh in the future. He asked me whether I would want to ride in it home. I said yes. Before I went home, Frosty stuffed my pockets with sweets and gave me another hug. I shivered and almost froze!

As the plane took off, I dozed off. When I woke up with a jolt, I was in my bed at home! My pockets were still full of candies. I rushed to the Christmas tree. The green present was there. Had it really been a dream? Anyway, I tore open the present and inside was a model of Santa’s plane. What a special Christmas this was!

-- Edited mildly by mum who kindly helped me type out my handwritten story:-) --
MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!

No comments: