Sunday, October 25, 2009

Giant Bean Pod!

Yes! My Bean Plant's Got A Pod!

My first bean plant grown from the kidney bean that my science teacher gave me died because of a plant disease.

But Joy was very nice to give me two kidney beans, and mum and I grew them. We left them in our old house when we moved and thought they would die, but they survived a week without watering! Mum quickly brought them to our new place and they really flourished. We've got flowers and yes, a giant pod on one of them!


Our neighbour who helps us water the plants (we call her auntie) keeps asking mum if the bean can be eaten.

By the way, the grasshoppers love eating the bean leaves. We caught one, Elvis, but released it. Elvis was quite a big grasshopper. After Elvis, we caught another smaller grasshopper on our bean plant. Its name is Pelvis and it's our pet now. Will post pictures of Pelvis soon. There is a third grasshopper. We named it Melvis but it has not been captured yet.

No comments: